1) Why did you choose this sport to engage yourself in? What is the story behind it?
My father encourages me to do tennis as a sport. So I did playing since my childhood
2) Are there any other family members in your family that are inclined to the field of sports? Do
they support you?
My elder sister played tennis long time ago. She supports me a lot. And my father is the pioneer
who keep me into a high position while coaching me.
3) Who would you name the best coach or trainer in your life that helped you to reach where you are today?
There are number of people to mention. However my first coach is my father. And Mr. Shalitha perera is the best coach I met in my life.
4) When there is a particularly tough opponent to play against, what do you do to keep your nerves settled?
I do not consider who is the opponent. I play the game without thinking about the opponent player. With my practice and skills, I do it properly.
5) What do you expect for yourself by engaging in sports?
We have to do extra curricular activities except our studies. And for a healthy man, we do a sport.
6) What was the first thought that came into your mind when you received the news that you are selected to the world university games?
I got selected 2 times before. But i didn’t have the chance to win it. So I get another chance in this time and I wish to make a maximum effort to do the best.
7) What is the motto you would like other players to follow too?
Nothing is impossible. Try your hardest.
8) What is your biggest challenge so far?
The biggest challenge is to balance my studies and sports since I am a medical student.
9) Who is the best tennis player according to you?
Harshana Godamanna (Royal college, Colombo) is the best player in Sri Lanka and Peterson is a best tennis player in international.