1. How did you get into athletics? Did you like it from the beginning?
I first got into athletics when I was in Madawal Maha Vidyalaya. I moved to Welimada Central for my secondary education. I performed at school meets and my interest for this sport grew eventually. So I have been doing it till today.
2. How did your family members react when you started becoming an athlete?
My parents, my brother and sister support me for my athletic career immensely. Without them, I won’t be able to become who I am today.
3. What are your best memories representing the national level?
I participated for Youth Sport meet in 2013 and I won the bronze medal for 400*4 m and the silver medal for 800 m. In 2014, I again participated for Youth Sport meet and won the silver medal for 800 m and the bronze medal for 400 m*4. In 2015, I participated for World University Games in Korea. And in 2016, I participated for Cross country game in Italy.
4. How is the preparation for the 29th World university games?
During these days, I’m practicing very hard for the upcoming World University Games and my athletic coach gives me a big support.
5. What are the advantages you have received from engaging in sports?
It is very important to do a sport to maintain a good mental and physical health for a man. Also I gained lot of things through my sport career for my life.
6. What are your expectations in World University Games?
It is a big achievement in my life to be selected to represent Sri Lanka at the World University Games and I wish to unleash my maximum capacity in World University Games to bring a victory to my motherland.
7. Whom do you wish to mention in your journey as an athlete, who helped you and motivate?
First of all, I would like to mention my parents and my brother and sister. Then my coaches, Mr.Sunethra and Mr.Nawasinghe who coached me from the beginning and Mr.Kulathunga, who is currently coaching me.
8. Who would you name as your model sportsman in history?
Actually, there’s no special person that I looked up to.
9. When you are about to participate World University Games representing Sri Lanka, what kind of support you are getting from the academic staff, coaches, sports administrators?
HOD, Dean and the academic staff and all the sport staff give me the necessary support to manage my academics while doing practices.
10. Any message to the young people who wish to engage in sports?
My final message to the youngsters is that manage the academics and sports well and get the advantages from the sports to balance your academic career and even the life.